European Ecolabel : concrete translation of a conviction
Obtaining European Ecolabel is a voluntary process made by Nîmotel Nimes.It corresponds to :
- A hotel’s wish to offer you the best comfort and quality
- Its willingness to sustain its activity with a long-term
- Its desire to participate in the evolution of the Nîmes region towards a green and sustainable tourism.
In 2007, Nîmotel is the 1st hotel certified by European Ecolabel in Languedoc Roussillon.
In 2009, Nîmotel wins the Grand Prix Ecolabel 2009 for the efficient communication , including advocacy for sustainable development conducted towards customers and employees . In March 2011, only a 2nd hotel holds the right to use the EU Ecolabel in Languedoc Roussillon : the Chalet Ana in the Pyrenees Orientales.
Hotel and EU Ecolabel: certification to the stringent criteria
The European Ecolabel is the only official Ecolabel used in all member countries of the European Union. In France, it is issued by an independent certification body: .
The eco-label is applied to a large number of products and services that meet strict criteria. For hotels, the criteria evaluated concern:
- the limitation of energy consumption
- limiting water consumption
- reducing waste
- encouragement of the use of renewable resources and less hazardous substances to the environment
- improving of the environment education and communication
Click on the following link if you’d like to know more about the « Ecolabel européen » and tourist accommodation service.